Sacred Women’s Circles
The tradition of women gathering under a new or full moon has been happening for thousands of years. Circles are a way to honor the divine feminine energy present within each of us, and provide the time and space to support our fellow sisters on their individual journeys.
Each circle has a unique theme, but includes grounding, meditation, journaling, sharing, and setting intentions. Sometimes we include crafts and other rituals.
Come with an open heart.
The theme for April’s circle is:
Re-wilding the Self
(*In the scheduling app at the above link, click the tab for “classes”)
Please note, we cap our attendance at 12 participants.
Circles are held in the Iowa City/Cedar Rapids/Corridor Area
*Please note, services are offered to members only. Upon RSVP you will receive a membership agreement via email. To learn more about membership, click here.
“Moon circles are such an inviting and safe environment, so welcoming to all. In a time when most of us aren’t really spending much time on self-care, these precious hours are so worth it. Moon circle brings such a sense of peace and community. It is nothing short of magic.”-Tina H
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Where are circles held?
- Circles locations vary by season, but are typically held in Lisbon/Mt. Vernon, or North Liberty. Exact address will be emailed after registration.
- Can I bring my children?
- Babies in arms/young nurslings are fine to come, but we do suggest trying to attend on your own. This is a wonderful gift to yourself as a self-care practice. Please be mindful of others if you do bring your baby, by excusing yourself if your child needs you to be present with them.
- Who can come?
- Moon circles are open to women of all ages and walks of life. We invite men to join us at the full moon cacao ceremonies.
- I am Christian/Jewish/Muslim/Pagan/Buddhist/etc., is this circle for me?
- Yes! This is not a religious group. Whatever your religious or cultural background is, participating in this circle is meant to provide a space for you to connect to your inner wisdom, and support fellow sisters in the circle to do the same. It is meant to help you find connection to our home- the earth, and all with all other humans who inhabit it.
- What do I wear?
- Come as you are, wear whatever makes you feel comfortable.
- What do I bring?
- We will be sitting on the ground, so consider bringing a yoga mat/blanket and a cushion/bolster/pillow to make yourself comfortable. Please also bring a journal and something to write with, as well as an item to add to our altar- you will take this back with you at the end of the circle.
This circle is part of an international network of circles through The Wild Woman Project. Learn more at https://thewildwomanproject.com/
“Moon circles are a special treat I look forward to. They are so thoughtfully put together and give me the time and space as a busy mom to have some much needed and appreciated ME time. I’m able to ground, reflect, realign, and dream. Each circle is so unique.”-Mandy W.
Private Moon Circles
Are you interested in attending a moon circle but just can’t get the dates to fit into your calendar?
Maybe you have a group of friends and family that would like a night of intentional and meaningful community?
Moon circles and are an intimate, yet empowering way to gather with friends in the name of sisterhood.
Private moon circles are available for you and up to 10 guests. Circles can be held on a date that works for you at the location of your choice (within a 40 minute radius from Mt. Vernon, Iowa).
Private circles are $250 per group, and are customized just for you and your attendees.